A Singaporean blogger speaks about everything in her life ! | Budget Travel | Food | Cafe | Beauty | Lifestyle | Saving Tips |

Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

A little more, 2016

p/s: this is like a personal reflection so.. it is probably gonna bore you.


In the year of 2016, I started the year without any fireworks viewing, no fancy outfit, no party make up, no squeezing in the countdown parties crowd, no alcohol,no pictures, no everything but spending the last hour of 2015 with the people who matter most. It was cozy, quiet, but close to heart. And we did online shopping and bought a $100 + bag. #HUATZ

Looking back, 2015 had been a year of reflections and soul searching.
Despite not having much achievement, I (surprisingly) surpass my happy quota, and may I continue to exceed it in the upcoming year.

Oopsies that I took so long to publish this as I was barely breathing from the things I were doing. I enjoyed them but it's pulling me away from this little space so I was glad that I found some time on a Sunday morning, finishing up this post that should have been published on the first week of January. Anyway still before Chinese New Year la hor, still in time ok.

Instead of doing a typical New Year blog post that I would not fulfill, I thought of just sharing how I can achieve things a little more in the said time frame of 365 days. I've also accepted the fact that goal setting did not work for me,fml. It's quite tough to accept that crushed feelings after you have a plan, trying to work towards it and it exploded. Later, I found out that it has something to do with my horoscope. Thus, le me is learning to accept it.

Learn, a little more.

The more places I go, the more people I meet, the more things I get in touch to in the previous year made me felt so little. There are so much things I do not know, and that I should not shut myself up. Last November, I took up a HR role in a SME and went with an open mind. Looking forward this year, I hope I would be exposed to more things, like more skills and knowledge based items. Keeping my fingers crossed too for trips that I have in mind and experiences that I have never thought of!

Care, a little more. 


I think it is about time to contribute back to the society. I am so busy that I often missed out people who has been trying to meet me up. I was so exhausted JUST by catching up with gatherings that I also missed some. See you all soon!!! I was so into making money I barely spent time with my close ones physically and communicate with them via the whatever ways. Thus, moving forward, I would like to spend time with them, a little more. :) I would also like to try to contribute to some charities or organizations for young children. Teach them music or something.

 

Open up, a little more. 


How well do you know me?
And how well do I know myself?

As I try my best to clear off my mental clutter, I want to give myself a chance to know myself better.
Especially this transition period between school and getting back to the workforce. I am generally a happier person now, and really working hard for my mental health. I think that is my main focus to build on for the year. To make it happen, I want to set aside some time to do soul-searching and explore myself. Hopefully, a better me by the end of the year.

 

Believe, a little more. 

Very blessed to meet Dean again on roomiesCD launch and other session we had as he shared with me the Law of Attraction. I felt that it was extremely helpful for me and it reduced my mental distress that I was going through at that point of time. I remember my homework was to "Believe in Love", which I would want to work on it too. It's tough la, really, when you are in pieces already and people still step on the broken pieces to make it into smaller pieces wtf.

Anyway, I will love myself first and always love the people who loves me. I will also believe in the things I can do, to do better and the ones I can't, that I can.

So I would love, a little more.

I can't believe I actually wrote such positive words.
Well, just a little more.


 Follow the flow, a little more. 


I met this fortune teller uncle in the middle of the 2015 who told me to stop thinking. Stop thinking about anything and just follow the flow like a piece of driftwood. Someone's gonna realise the beauty of the driftwood and appreciate it. It was also him that allowed me to realise a very severe condition- my thoughts conducts my body's behavior. It might not sound as bad as it seems but it WAS.

No matter how healthy I ate, I am always sick.
No matter what I do, I can't sleep.

Now, I know. It was all my unnecessary thoughts and expectations I had that was pulling me down.  The moment I lost myself in my own thoughts, my body failed me. I was mentally ill, therefore it resulted in my bad health ( food poisoning, insomnia and etc) My doctor also asked me to stop thinking so much la wtf. A little achievement unlocked was that I'm no relying on medication to sleep well!





Being part of the process,I had to learn how to make mistakes and accepting the mistake. It was one of the greatest challenges of last year but I think it was one of the best keynotes that I made myself went through. Pure mental torture for the Virgo but I'm glad that I had support. <3 Still learning to accept thou!

Go have fun, a little more.

Aiya, for this... If time permits la.
Recently I was exposed to sports (Wtf right I know) and gotten my SNSC level one cert!
Looking forward to go kayaking again, I actually quite miss the sport.
I kinda wanna be out under the sun more often, and have a much more active lifestyle.
That's something for me to note.
And generally have more fun la, THERE'S SO MUCH WE CAN DO! HAHA #crazycells

Grow, a little more. 

Not sideways. But emotionally, physically strong and mentally too!
I want to be more independent, more thoughtful and a little bit more talented.
I've also been training and teaching young children and teenagers but at the same time they are also teaching me things that I do not know. Being part of their life, influencing and growing with them has been a joy. Perhaps a stronger personality?

Level up, a little more.

Sometimes I felt that my life is all about collecting certificates..
There's never ending tests, assignments and examinations. 
Hoping to be a licensed driver soon and pass my damn Grade 6 Electone exams.
Also aiming to learn Thai and Japanese and be a certified diver!

Not forgetting, my bachelor's degree and financial stability.

That's quite a lot of things to work on and I should stop.
While I float around in my ocean, I really hope I can make improvements to my life little steps at a time.

May we all be better.

Loves,
A.


No comments:

Leave a comment.

Copyright @ Angie | ♥ yourapplepie | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN