A Singaporean blogger speaks about everything in her life ! | Budget Travel | Food | Cafe | Beauty | Lifestyle | Saving Tips |

Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Superstars of MAGIC 4


One of the highlights from my Genting trip over the Jubilee Weekend was the Superstars of Magic 4. It was one of the factors that I considered if I should go, I mean I never liked Magic Shows. . I had this irritating thought that ALL magic shows are about body cutting, bo liao tricks, and meh scary dangerous acts. And since I'm not a fan, then I should let somebody else have the opportunity instead. Thankfully, Jocelyn and I wanted a breather sooooooooooo badly, so I thought aiya, just go la, if don't like then just follow media release lor. Anyway stay in Singapore also boring and I miss the food in Genting.


And I went ahead. Resorts World Genting
I was wrong, it was so different from what I thought it would be. Running for its fourth year, the organisers had put in seven illusionist from different parts of the world, featured on various news/shows/platform. We managed to catch six of them live that night. 

The starting act was by Jay Mattioli who was also the host for that night. He was one of the finalist from America's Got Talent and now a celebrity Magician. 
Resorts World Genting


Jeff Lee from Taiwan, is an award-winning magician who performs with TV magic and modern music. A kind of modern magic that I had not seen before, I would say good coordination between the video and his seamless act. 
Resorts World Genting
  
The only lady in the show, Alana Moelmann, is from Germany. She's also known as the new generation princess of magic, where her act includes producing human hands out of her leather jacket! And which that jacket, she has six hands and all of them can move at the same time!

Followed by cutie pie, One Gun from Korea, changes his clothes in split seconds from different colors and design. Both T-shirt and pants! I'm not quite sure if I was really paying attention to his act or his looks. 



Another American Illusionist, Joseph Gabriel, also regarded as the Godfather of Dove Magic, presented to us a breathtaking act with his doves and gooses. He is also the first magician to perform on the broadway. I love his act the most. Seriously mind blown.




Ted Kim, another South Korean illusionist brought us the most simple yet well choreographed routine act using the modern screen mapping technology and LED protector. It looked so simple and easy but I'm sure there were so much work he had to do before putting up an act like this. Kudos to his efforts and patience!



The closing act was by Jay where he presented the values he believes in, and the message he wants to rely to his audience.


The show changed my perspective of a magic show, it can be so simple, no risky at all but yet so entertaining! I think like many magic shows, Jay did a good job on engaging the audience in the act. Nothing fancy and suitable for all ages, weak heart or not.  We missed Shawn Farquhar from Canada on our show, who was very good with his cards, and one of the few magicians who managed to fool Penn and Teller on their TV series. Thank you RWG for the great seats! 

Resorts World Genting

Photo courtesy of Resort World Genting

The show will be held at the Genting International Showroom from 10 July 2015 to 25 October 2015. Room packages promotion available, visit www.rwgenting.com for more details !

Showtime(s)
Monday - Friday : 8pm 
Saturdays : 4pm and 8pm 
Sundays : 4pm

Ticket Prices
VIP : RM 248
PS1 : RM 148
PS2 : RM98

Loves, 
A.


No comments:

Leave a comment.

Copyright @ Angie | ♥ yourapplepie | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN