A Singaporean blogger speaks about everything in her life ! | Budget Travel | Food | Cafe | Beauty | Lifestyle | Saving Tips |

Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Sponsored : Best of Hawker Delights


TGIF all & it's time for Yum yum for the tum tum!

Get your salmon sashimi fix with Feast @ East Restaurant, Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel, this time with the local fare delights.  In conjunction with Singapore's 49th birthday, Feast @ East Restaurant offers a selection of local cuisine till 31st August.
 

The restaurant have five menu to rotate around and here is some of the favourites or dishes that left a stronger impression. It is my second time for its buffet so I try not to talk about the same things that I had already mention in the previous blog post for the restaurant. Read my previous entry HERE!




 
p/s : Pardon me for the not-so-good pictures, I'm trying my best already!

Black pepper crayfish & some chicken in thai sauce.

Dishes like  Herbal boiled prawns, Braised pork trottles, broccoli with baby abalone were also in the menu. What else do you want ? ermmm. Kong Poh frog leg?  steamed promfret fish ? ALSO HAVE. And I personally find it nostalgic, those were the dishes that we had during wedding dinners when we were young, isn't it.

There's how the action station looks like !
It still serves the signature laksa, but what is different from my previous trip was the the other dishes were replaced by mee siam, beef noodles and roti prata !
 There were also tu tu kueh station where you can choose either coconut or peanut fillings. It was my first time trying a tu-tu kueh. Yum!


Moving on to the desserts station!

Not sure if it is because the dessert station were really near to the entrance or what. I was drawn to the station when I entered the place and that day I was like,
"TODAY I WILL EAT THE DURIAN CAKE"



Angie recommends : A slice of the durian cake and a scoop of durian pengat. #bagus



Not just the westernised cakes we see in all the hipster cafes and ridiculous expensive restaurants, look what is on the dessert trays - traditional kuehs and what? PANDAN CAKE.


After all my dessert crave was 90% full, Gin & I found coconut ice cream!
So I was telling her we could have a feel of Chatuchak Market in Bangkok, cheap stake me took a scoop and added corn and grassjelly from the dessert station(for the ice kacang) and peanuts from the rojak station! Gin had atap seeds and durian pengat in her bowl. #bagusno.2

Totally the right way to end the dinner.




Monday to Thursday  ( Except eve of and on public Holidays)

Lunch : Adults $43 Child $22 Senior Citizens $35
Dinner : Adults $45 Child $23 Senior Citizens $36

 Friday to Sunday  ( Except eve of and on public Holidays)

Lunch : Adults $43 Child $22 Senior Citizens $35
Dinner : Adults $49 Child $24 Senior Citizens $36

National Day High Tea (Every Friday & Saturday) : Adults $26 Child $13
 
Promotion til 31 Aug 14.




Getting Here


Address : Level 3, Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore
50 East Coast Road, Roxy Square

Tel : +65 6340 5665

Nearest Bus stop no. : 92041 / 92049 
Nearest MRT : Dakota Station



Enjoy !

Loves,
A.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you have a really nice Blog with interesting Stuff on it! :)
    Do you want to follow each other via GFC? If yes please let me know and i follow back :*

    Greetings & Kisses from Germany
    www.sophias-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ Angie | ♥ yourapplepie | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN