A Singaporean blogger speaks about everything in her life ! | Budget Travel | Food | Cafe | Beauty | Lifestyle | Saving Tips |

Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2015

#migupPenang : Lunch where?


Despite having our tummy half filled with food, my roommates and I met up with the mig.me staff and other users.we went ahead for lunch at Restoran Sun Yoon Kee Seafood, recommended by our local host, Patie. Sun Yoon Kee serves Chinese styled cooked food, or what we call zi-char. And there's what we had for our lunch feast!

Pork Belly with dark sauce
This is almost a must to order when eating in Penang, but I don't take pork so I can't tell you how it was, but I'm sure its good :)
Tempura prawns filled with salted egg yolk.

 Anyone, everyone please order this when you are there.
If you are too hipster, you might not have known that salted egg yolk has taken over Singapore Food Trends by ermmm, egg yolks. While this is something that ALL prawns lovers would like and look at that prawn. I don't think I need to explain more.
Potato stem leaves with shrimps
 This nutritional dish need no further introduction.
Salted vegetable duck soup

 Quick fry Fish cooked with ginger and spring onions

To-fu dish

Lunch hour!

It was a nice lunch with the fellow mig.me users and of course accompanied by really nice food. Can't wait for my next trip to Penang, definitely going back to Sun Yoon Kee for noms! I can't decide which is my favourite cause all is good. Also, the friendly owner makes sure you are ease like at home and gives the best recommendations for his patrons to enjoy their meal. 

Did I mention that the whole place is super photo worthy? Can do some nice shoots there if I have the chance too hehe.

Rare spotting !

Old-school cash register.
The cash register is such a rare treasure that the restaurant is still using. Unfortunately didn't get to see how it works though.


And also a beige colored vespa. 



Bye guys, that's all for now!


Restoran Sun Yoon Kee
Address: Lebuh Cintra, Georgetown, 10200 Pulau Pinang, Malaysia 
Phone : +6 4261 3987


Loves, 
A.



No comments:

Leave a comment.

Copyright @ Angie | ♥ yourapplepie | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN