A Singaporean blogger speaks about everything in her life ! | Budget Travel | Food | Cafe | Beauty | Lifestyle | Saving Tips |

Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Melbourne Day 3 : Guided tour to the Maru Koala and Animal Park, KoalaConservation Centre, Penguin Parade Philip Island


My third day in Melbourne brought me out to the outskirts of the city where I booked a three day tour with this Chinese agency; Evergreen.(Recommended by ZhaoFa, thank you!) I paid for 3 days worth of tours (one day was just half day) for around AUS150. With that amount, I could only do one day tour with anyone on klook or any other apps. I think the main difference was that the group size was twice bigger and they spoke Chinese, but if you are fine with that, I would highly recommend to opt for them too. Since I had to report at around 10 ish, I headed down to where I lived and decided to try out Metro Burgers for breakfast. Led by a pair of Asian father daughter duo, the breakfast item I had was not too bad!

metro burgers, melbourne, australia

metro burgers, melbourne, australia

breakfast at metro burgers, melbourne, australia

I had this vegetarian set, sorry I can't remember the name and price of it anymore but look at that mushroom! The portion was rather huge for me, I halved it and had it packed for dinner.
selfie and breakfast at metro burgers, melbourne, australia


I hopped over to Uniqlo and bought heat tech before I joined the tour. Best decision made.
I totally packed for the wrong weather and did nothing to prep myself for 16 degree celsius summer in Melbourne. By that I mean like I legit brought all summer clothing, not even a cardigan. & because the whole city was also preparing for summer, there isn't much choices for the cool weather. Thankfully there is uniqlo and I got myself a set of heat tech for the trip.

We started off the tour by visiting the Maru Koala and Animal Park, where we were given a printed picture of me and the koala ( and i left it in the bus i forgot to take fml) It's a like home run animal park but good enough to mingle with the native animals.
Maru Koala and Animal Park

shearing shed, Maru Koala and Animal Park, melbourne, australia



show at the shearing shed, Maru Koala and Animal Park, melbourne, australia

shearing shed, Maru Koala and Animal Park, melbourne, australia

Kangaroos,  Maru Koala and Animal Park, melbourne, australia

Koala,  Maru Koala and Animal Park, melbourne, australia

taking a picture with the koala,  Maru Koala and Animal Park, melbourne, australia

Pony!  Maru Koala and Animal Park, melbourne, australia

Ostrich,  Maru Koala and Animal Park, melbourne, australia

Ostrich,  Maru Koala and Animal Park, melbourne, australia

Peacock,  Maru Koala and Animal Park, melbourne, australia

School of Kangaroos,  Maru Koala and Animal Park, melbourne, australia

White kangaroo,  Maru Koala and Animal Park, melbourne, australia
Look ma, a white kangaroo!
White Kangaroo,  Maru Koala and Animal Park, melbourne, australia

The friendly staff was telling me how rare it is to have a white kangaroo and it is not albino.

Alpaca,  Maru Koala and Animal Park, melbourne, australia
Alpacas

Back view of me and some alpacas,  Maru Koala and Animal Park, melbourne, australia

getting close with an alpaca,  Maru Koala and Animal Park, melbourne, australia

Getting pictures with the kangaroo,  Maru Koala and Animal Park, melbourne, australia

Getting pictures with the kangaroo,  Maru Koala and Animal Park, melbourne, australia

Getting pictures with the kangaroo,  Maru Koala and Animal Park, melbourne, australia

tasmanian devil,  Maru Koala and Animal Park, melbourne, australia

tasmanian devil,  Maru Koala and Animal Park, melbourne, australia
" you have a prob bro? do you?"

 Maru Koala and Animal Park, melbourne, australia


Some shots along the way to the next location, Koala Conservation Centre at the Philip Island.
Scenic views, philip island, melbourne, australia

Scenic views, philip island, melbourne, australia

koala conversation centre,  philip island, melbourne, australia

eucalyptus leaves,koala conversation centre,  philip island, melbourne, australia

koala conversation centre,  philip island, melbourne, australia

baby koala,koala conversation centre,  philip island, melbourne, australia

eucalyptus trees, koala conversation centre,  philip island, melbourne, australia

koala boardwalk, koala conversation centre,  philip island, melbourne, australia

Eucalyptus trees, koala conversation centre,  philip island, melbourne, australia

koala conversation centre,  philip island, melbourne, australia


inside the koala boardwalk

scenic views, philip island, melbourne, australia

scenic views, philip island,melbourne, australia

scenic views, philip island,melbourne, australia

scenic views, philip island,melbourne, australia

scenic views, philip island,melbourne, australia

love birds

Drop by the Nobbies Ocean Discovery Centre for dinner. (with a view)
Nobbies Ocean Discovery Centre, Philip Island, Melbourne, Australia
dinner with a view,Nobbies Ocean Discovery Centre, Philip Island, Melbourne, Australia
I would suggest to pack your own dinner there cause food is quite expensive, I didn't buy any food from the centre cause noobster me cannot finish half my breakfast the shopkeeper ask me to dabao and I dabao-ed for dinner wtf.
WWF plushies
scenic views, Nobbies Ocean Discovery Centre, Philip Island, Melbourne, Australia
Went out to catch the strong breeze and take a series of unglam self portraits

selfie, Nobbies Ocean Discovery Centre, Philip Island, Melbourne, Australia

wooden stairs

scenic views,Nobbies Ocean Discovery Centre, Philip Island, Melbourne, Australia

Nobbies Ocean Discovery Centre, Philip Island, Melbourne, Australia



And off we go to the highlight of the day, Penguin Parade!
ticket for penguin parade

Route to penguin parade

view on the way to penguin parade

penguin parade entrance

penguin parade entrance

souvenirs area, penguin parade

ginger bear cookies

blue penguin plushies

penguin merchanise

little penguin in its nest

little penguin in its nest

little penguin in its nest
Actually no photography, but I thug Asian.
sitting gallery , penguin parade

& because imma graduate on a budget, I opt for general viewing and not the VIP seating. By the end of the day I realised that there's actually not much difference in terms of the viewing of the penguins unless feeling rich.
food and drinks, penguin parade
Brought a cookie and a hot chocolate to curb the cold #thankgodforHEATTECH.


Apart from the freezing wind, I think all is well and the penguins were so cuteeeeee.
selfie while waiting for the penguins to be home


That pretty much sums up my third day in Melbourne as we embark back to the city area and rest for the day.

No comments:

Leave a comment.

Copyright @ Angie | ♥ yourapplepie | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN